Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 24: Adam's Early Birthday Dinner

There is an adorable French/Alsatian restaurant in downtown Decatur we love called Cafe Alsace.  The mother of one of my former Montessori students runs the cafe and you really must try it if you haven't already.  Sometimes I was lucky enough to score free quiche and salad greens with their homemade balsamic when I babysat for her.  Nom nom nom.  Sorry, I think I was drooling for a second...  Back to Cafe Alsace!  The decor is really cute and with the music and overall atmosphere, you might think you're bicycling with Amelie for just a moment.

Sunday brunch is absolutely delicious (if you can get in)!  But the dinner spaetzle is out of this world.  It's one of Adam's favorite dishes.  Not just from Cafe Alsace, but anywhere.  He loves the ham and onion version, while I prefer the spinach and mushroom.  It's romantic, quaint, and every bite is just a delight for the mouth.  We had a wonderful evening and left with very full bellies.


Spaetzle aux Champignons
(Mushroom Spaetzle)

 My almost 30 year old husband!



 Creme Brulee for dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment